Saturday 27 June 2015

Have A Drink On Me(Lonnie Donegan)

I have started a new part time job answering calls for the Samaritans last Monday night. It was that busy and stressful trying to help out the less fortunate that i decided to phone in sick on the Tuesday evening. The boss managed to talk me out of it!!

Fathers Day went very well last Sunday. I was showered with gifts and cards of my lovely children and i got to take my dad out for a pint. He is, as i have already said a real ale fan so the best place in Stockport is the Magnet on the main A6. It has just recently been voted Pub of the Year 2015 and is a must for all you traditional bitter lovers out there. My dad was like a kid in a sweet shop as he perused the large list of available delights. Salopian Oracle, Tiny Rebel IPA and Tickerty Brew were just 3 of them that he tried. Each one was given the thumbs up and a detailled description of taste and aroma followed by a rating out of 10. He was also very pleased with the much travelled beers i had purchased from Mobberley Brewey for him to consume at his leisure!!

My daughter Charlie rang on Monday(off my other daughters phone) to tell me that i wouldnt be getting her iPhone5 when she upgrades. I asked why and she told me it had fallen into the toilet and now wont work. What is it with people wanting to text or check their facebook whilst having a shit eh!! She did try the bag of rice theory but i am not holding out much hope!!

This Sunday i will attempt to go shopping in Manchester. I have a very special wedding coming up in 6 weeks and i still havent purchased my suit. I head there in hope that a meduim grey, 3 piece with a cadburys purple tie and hanky will be a standard issue and if so i will be spending the rest of my day off drinking under the Manchester sun. If not i will revert to plan A and hire one as not to spoil my liquid plans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment