Sunday 14 June 2015

Sunday Bloody Sunday!


Sunday, Bloody Sunday!!

I am certainly no Enid Blyton, EL James or Dr Seuss but i hope to be able to deliver my own blog in my own style and give everyone an insight into the life of Clive!!

Sunday, the day of rest and the chance to recharge the batteries ready for a new working week. Not a chance!! Planned to go my mothers in leafy Mobberley, a small village in the heart of Cheshire. My reasons for this visit was the obvious to see my mum but also to pick up 6 bottles of the fine ale brewed at the recently opened brewery for my dad. He loves his real ales so with Fathers Day looming it was a no brainer.
After over sleeping and just managing to get to the train station on time, i was told the Chester line was closed and a bus service had been laid on. That was fine until i was informed the next bus was in 2hrs and they had no information available for the return journey back from where we were heading!!
A quick phone call to my mum and it was decided to abort my mission till another day. No beer for my dad at present and Fathers Day is only round the corner!
Due to our disappointment my good woman Carol said it was an opportunity to shop.(not my favourite pastime, especially on a Sunday)!!
We trawled Stockport and came away after a couple of hours with 2 bags of Marks and Spencers food and a new wallet for me. To most women its a job well done but to us blokes its torture and i knew exactly how to turn this day on its head!! 

The Plough in Shawheath is a proper boozee with some very special characters and your always given a warm welcome but my reason for this visit was pure and simply Carling!! That cold golden liquid with frothy head served up in a branded glass is a sight to behold..
My Sunday was up and running, let the new week commence!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment